» Topic: Adding Tool Library
- May 16, 2014 at 8:01 am #18266
We are having a problem creating a new tool library based on the tooling we have. We would like to be able to go to just our slimmed down tool library instead of sorting through BobCAD’s. I see the import feature but I don’t understand that file type.
Thanks for the help.May 16, 2014 at 10:41 am #18269
If you would like to remove all of the BobCAD generated tool, you could delete the files in for our default library and regenerate a blank one. Here are the locations and names of the files.
C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V24\Milling Technologies\Tools\Mill. You will then delete the ToolFile.mtools file.
C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V25\MillingTechnology\Tools\Mill. You will then delete the ToolFile.mtools file.
C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V26\Technology. You will then delete the ToolFile.mtools file.May 16, 2014 at 8:46 pm #18278
Hi another option is to set up a tool crib based on the tools you have and save that.Then when you start a new drawing just load that. My machine has 16 pocket tool changer and I have some 40 commonly used tools all numbered in my machine tool table. I exported this and set up a tool crib by modifying tools from BC library making a tool crib which I saved and use.
- This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Nick.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- bobcad v27, lost all taps in tool list? cant get them back by tyler14211 day, 17 hours ago
- Nothing in CAM Tree V28 by dynaturn11 month ago
- 3d wireframe of a solid. by Ram484 weeks, 1 day ago
- Save times and general system crashes. by AGM1 month ago
- Newbie – computing for the first time – not working by Ancient Works1 month, 4 weeks ago