We just recently got our BobCad V25 running. I can open a file that was drawn in BobCad. I have tried opening ACAD and Solid Works files and I get a message that says “yellow triangle” “failed in: OPEN”. What are we missing? any help is appreciated.
The error can relate to a few different issues depending on each specific type. I have outlined the problems below.
1. The file is newer than R12 format. BobCAD V25 can only open R12 format dxf and dwgs and below. This includes AutoCAD 2012 format files and below.
2. The file is set to read-only. This can be corrected by right-clicking the file and selecting Properties. You would then uncheck the read only check box
1. The file is open in SolidWorks. Close the file in SolidWorks and try opening again.
2. The file is set to read-only. Follow the steps above to correct this.
3. The file is stored in the SolidWorks PDM vault. Move the file to a local location on the hard drive and out of the vault.
4. The file was created in SolidWorks 2014. BobCAD-CAM V25 can open SolidWorks 2013 files and below. If the file is newer, it will return this error. You can export the file from SolidWorks into a more neutral format, such as STEP or IGES.
I’m having the same problem with some .SLDPRT files but I’m using BobCAD V27. What version SolidWorks does V27 support?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.