» Topic: Cannot open files
- July 23, 2014 at 10:51 am #19022
We just recently got our BobCad V25 running. I can open a file that was drawn in BobCad. I have tried opening ACAD and Solid Works files and I get a message that says “yellow triangle” “failed in: OPEN”. What are we missing? any help is appreciated.July 26, 2014 at 2:08 am #19121
The error can relate to a few different issues depending on each specific type. I have outlined the problems below.
1. The file is newer than R12 format. BobCAD V25 can only open R12 format dxf and dwgs and below. This includes AutoCAD 2012 format files and below.
2. The file is set to read-only. This can be corrected by right-clicking the file and selecting Properties. You would then uncheck the read only check box
1. The file is open in SolidWorks. Close the file in SolidWorks and try opening again.
2. The file is set to read-only. Follow the steps above to correct this.
3. The file is stored in the SolidWorks PDM vault. Move the file to a local location on the hard drive and out of the vault.
4. The file was created in SolidWorks 2014. BobCAD-CAM V25 can open SolidWorks 2013 files and below. If the file is newer, it will return this error. You can export the file from SolidWorks into a more neutral format, such as STEP or IGES.May 13, 2015 at 2:11 pm #22460
I’m having the same problem with some .SLDPRT files but I’m using BobCAD V27. What version SolidWorks does V27 support?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- bobcad v27, lost all taps in tool list? cant get them back by tyler14211 day, 17 hours ago
- Nothing in CAM Tree V28 by dynaturn11 month ago
- 3d wireframe of a solid. by Ram484 weeks, 1 day ago
- Save times and general system crashes. by AGM1 month ago
- Newbie – computing for the first time – not working by Ancient Works1 month, 4 weeks ago