» Topic: cant open saved files
- February 18, 2014 at 4:31 pm #16992
I switched to a new PC. I saved my old programs on a disk from the old PC. I have bobcad reloaded and running on the new PC. When I go to open an old file, bobcad says it dosnt reconise the file. The new PC has windows 8.1 which I am am also struggling through….. can someone point me in the right direction?
ErikFebruary 19, 2014 at 9:22 am #16993
Could you ZIP up one of those files and attach it to a Reply so we can take a look at what it may be?
If you are trying to open it straight off the disk, you may have some troubles. One thing you could do is make a copy of all the files and place them on the computer. That way they are pulling the information from the computer and not from a disk.March 10, 2014 at 12:52 pm #17099
Sorry for the late response. I solved the problem by downloading the latest build number for V24. When I earlier reloaded my disk, it put me back to the old build thus causing the issue I guess. All fine now. I just upgraded to V26….. have not tried it yet as I don’t need any more headaches right now….
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa2 weeks, 3 days ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]2 weeks, 3 days ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg2 weeks, 5 days ago
- 3d mill angled headstock by eric1 week, 1 day ago
- Machining Strategy by ajhalls4 weeks ago