» Topic: Engraving V26
- May 17, 2014 at 12:35 pm #18280
I am having a issue with the engraving not completing the letters. A “E” will look like “[” it is not cutting the extra line in the middle of the E. This happens with all letters that have more than one continues line. I have added screen shots of part of the project in CAD and after the simulation. You can see the mission parts even thou the whole letter is selected.
Also It is cutting out the deleted parts of half circles and not the part that remains as selected.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.May 17, 2014 at 8:16 pm #18283
Shane, hey I tried to see the BMP’s and I am not able to open them. I they a single line fonts. you my have extra lines on top of each other. Also you may want to explode you geometry to make all the text is separate. Once that is done then remove the geometry and then reselect the geometry. Then recompute the toolpath. Give it a try. ThanksMay 19, 2014 at 8:53 pm #18291
Well I tried what you said and it fixed my aliment problem and the deleted parts being cut out. But the problem with the words still exists. And it is with the Gothic BOBCAD font only. If I use the BOBCAD default font it works just fine. The Gothic font is the one I really need to use for my project.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.May 19, 2014 at 10:11 pm #18295
Did more test with other text and the BOBCAD font Helv also has the same problem.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Ball nose tools into tight corner features by Barrie1 week, 3 days ago
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa1 month, 1 week ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]1 month, 1 week ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg1 month, 1 week ago
- 3d mill angled headstock by eric2 weeks, 5 days ago