» Topic: Failed In: Solide-Boolean
- November 18, 2014 at 10:19 am #20398
I have been having difficulties trying to subtract the 3 solids from the cube in this drawing. Don’t really know what is wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, BryanNovember 18, 2014 at 10:20 am #20399November 18, 2014 at 9:52 pm #20413
Bryan, Good evening. Here is a PNG of what I got. I am using V27. First I made a separate layer for the solid block. Then I only used the solid and block layer. I turned off the other layers. Second I used surface normal in the views section. Then under the utilities feature I used the reversed normal and made sure that all my lines were coming out of each surface. Once that was all complete I tried it again. I was not getting the subtraction I wanted. So I copied and pasted the 3 weights and the block into another work space and was able to achieve the correct subtraction. Give that a try.Thanks
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.November 18, 2014 at 11:02 pm #20415
Darren,apparently there is a variety of ways to do this.Check out the thread at the Zone.
Saving as a SAT file then bringing back in,,,
translating .0001 then it works ??
I tried linking the thread,but I guess we cannot do that here.
It would be nice to find the reason.
Wonder what is up ?
November 19, 2014 at 6:13 am #20417
- This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by jrmach.
Hi Brian, I did various experiment both in V25 and V26 but also for me there is no way to obtain the subtraction. Bug ?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Ball nose tools into tight corner features by Barrie1 week, 1 day ago
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa1 month, 1 week ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]1 month, 1 week ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg1 month, 1 week ago
- 3d mill angled headstock by eric2 weeks, 2 days ago