» Topic: Feed Direction In Lathe
- March 25, 2014 at 4:37 pm #17302
I’m using the Lathe CAM on a CNC Grinder. I’m using this because the rough cuts I’m using need to be plunge cuts. I’m having trouble getting the software to feed the direction I want to. The roughing works great. I move over .062 and plunge down to my profile and retract back to the top, the finishing, however, does not feed across from one side to the next. I need to be able to tell it to cut from the top of the pattern down the radius to the left and it is cutting the pattern last and not cutting the bottom the direction i need it to. Is there a way to tell the CAM software which direction to feed. In the lathe portion. Not the Mill.April 21, 2014 at 2:32 pm #17818
This can be done by defining a contour on the geometry that you are cutting. Contours can be found under Other/Contours. This is a direction control mechanism that will force the tool path to follow that direction. If the contour places incorrectly, you can use Other/Reverse Contour to switch the direction of the contour.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa1 week, 5 days ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]1 week, 5 days ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg2 weeks ago
- 3d mill angled headstock by eric3 days, 12 hours ago
- Machining Strategy by ajhalls3 weeks, 2 days ago