» Topic: Feed Direction In Lathe
- March 25, 2014 at 4:37 pm #17302
I’m using the Lathe CAM on a CNC Grinder. I’m using this because the rough cuts I’m using need to be plunge cuts. I’m having trouble getting the software to feed the direction I want to. The roughing works great. I move over .062 and plunge down to my profile and retract back to the top, the finishing, however, does not feed across from one side to the next. I need to be able to tell it to cut from the top of the pattern down the radius to the left and it is cutting the pattern last and not cutting the bottom the direction i need it to. Is there a way to tell the CAM software which direction to feed. In the lathe portion. Not the Mill.April 21, 2014 at 2:32 pm #17818
This can be done by defining a contour on the geometry that you are cutting. Contours can be found under Other/Contours. This is a direction control mechanism that will force the tool path to follow that direction. If the contour places incorrectly, you can use Other/Reverse Contour to switch the direction of the contour.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- bobcad v27, lost all taps in tool list? cant get them back by tyler14211 day, 11 hours ago
- Nothing in CAM Tree V28 by dynaturn11 month ago
- 3d wireframe of a solid. by Ram484 weeks, 1 day ago
- Save times and general system crashes. by AGM1 month ago
- Newbie – computing for the first time – not working by Ancient Works1 month, 3 weeks ago