» Topic: Feed Direction In Lathe
- March 25, 2014 at 4:37 pm #17302
I’m using the Lathe CAM on a CNC Grinder. I’m using this because the rough cuts I’m using need to be plunge cuts. I’m having trouble getting the software to feed the direction I want to. The roughing works great. I move over .062 and plunge down to my profile and retract back to the top, the finishing, however, does not feed across from one side to the next. I need to be able to tell it to cut from the top of the pattern down the radius to the left and it is cutting the pattern last and not cutting the bottom the direction i need it to. Is there a way to tell the CAM software which direction to feed. In the lathe portion. Not the Mill.April 21, 2014 at 2:32 pm #17818
This can be done by defining a contour on the geometry that you are cutting. Contours can be found under Other/Contours. This is a direction control mechanism that will force the tool path to follow that direction. If the contour places incorrectly, you can use Other/Reverse Contour to switch the direction of the contour.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Newbie – computing for the first time – not working by Ancient Works1 week, 4 days ago
- Missing canned cycle parameters for Centurion 6 by RSB2 weeks, 5 days ago
- Missing arc moves in post by RSB3 weeks ago
- Bobcad V23 4 axis arc issues by spach231 month ago
- Ball nose tools into tight corner features by Barrie1 month, 3 weeks ago