» Topic: gui settings file
- February 11, 2014 at 2:43 pm #16894
Ever time I run BobCAD V25 mill I get a gui_settings file dumped on my desktop. Presumably there is a way to re-route this file elsewhere but I can’t see it in the preferences for example. How can this be done?
Thanks.February 12, 2014 at 10:18 am #16898
The GUI_Settings.ini file is a file that is created when launching simulation. This could be caused by read restrictions on the folder, so it places the file on the Desktop. You can try to remedy this by resetting where the Data folder is looked for. To do this, please follow the steps listed below.
1. Open BobCAD
2. Open the Preferences Menu
3. Select Settings Default
4. Select the Directories tab on the left hand side
5. Select the box with the 3 dots next to Data Folder
6. Set the path to C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V26\
If the path above is already selected, go ahead and left click the folder and then select OK.February 12, 2014 at 12:00 pm #16900
Thanks but I have tried that and it does not solve the problem. As noted in the original post I an on V25 if that makes any difference.
Do I need to re-load Predator do you think?? This occurred after an update to the latest version (I’m running build 996).
Thanks for trying to help.February 12, 2014 at 1:03 pm #16901
Predator is not what causes the gui_settings.ini file, which is created by our simulation. If the file will not redirect, then you can just leave the file because Windows is restricting the save location of the file. The file can be on the desktop with no issues, or delete the file and it will just create a new one.February 14, 2014 at 7:48 pm #16944
for Vista Owner/organize/folder options/view/advanced settings/hidden files and folders/check do not show hidden files and folders
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Newbie – computing for the first time – not working by Ancient Works1 week, 5 days ago
- Missing canned cycle parameters for Centurion 6 by RSB2 weeks, 6 days ago
- Missing arc moves in post by RSB3 weeks ago
- Bobcad V23 4 axis arc issues by spach231 month ago
- Ball nose tools into tight corner features by Barrie1 month, 3 weeks ago