» Topic: HELP!!
- November 26, 2014 at 8:01 am #20475
I’m cutting an injection mold and I need an AWESOME surface finish. I have cut these before using various tool paths and with some polishing they turn out ok. However, I recently seen one of the same cavities our customer had done with NXcam and the finish was AMAZING, and needed NO polishing. It seems that the best tool path option for great finishes that BobCad has to offer is the equidistant offset, but it doesn’t work for me. This tool path leaves a diagonal line along the surface of the part where the cutter steps down and in. This is not acceptable. I MUST have a machined finish worthy of silicone injection. I am in dire need of some information. Can someone please help?!!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Newbie – computing for the first time – not working by Ancient Works2 weeks, 1 day ago
- Missing canned cycle parameters for Centurion 6 by RSB3 weeks, 2 days ago
- Missing arc moves in post by RSB3 weeks, 3 days ago
- Bobcad V23 4 axis arc issues by spach231 month ago
- Ball nose tools into tight corner features by Barrie1 month, 3 weeks ago