» Topic: Migration from V24 to V26
- October 21, 2013 at 9:51 am #15693
I see they have put in a migration process to go from V25 to V26 but I went from V24 to V26. Will the migration process work to migrate straight from V24 to V26 for the posts and tools and such?October 21, 2013 at 11:05 am #15696
The process should work with the tool files from 24 to 26 but there are a lot of things missing like the Tool Crib that was used in V25. You may need to try it and see if everything will swap over because they are to vastly different versions. There may be some things that move over but for the most part i would say to recreate the things you need in V26.October 21, 2013 at 11:15 am #15697
The main thing is the post. I spent a lot of time modifying a Haas post to work correctly for my Milltronics machines. I am really hoping I don’t have to go thru that again.October 21, 2013 at 2:38 pm #15699
After loading the software and taking a good look around I won’t need to bring my tooling across. Someone went to a lot of work to put together that tool library and all I had to do is go thru and change most of the end mills and some of the other tooling from HSS to Carbide.
So far I am impressed with the new version and the ease of learning the major changes to the software.October 22, 2013 at 4:44 pm #15721
Ya and your post should just swap right over. There may be some things that need to be added to the post for it to output correctly but give it a shot and see how it all posts.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Bobcad V23 4 axis arc issues by spach231 hour, 8 minutes ago
- Ball nose tools into tight corner features by Barrie1 week, 6 days ago
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa1 month, 1 week ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]1 month, 1 week ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg1 month, 2 weeks ago