Open Source Sofware

» Topic: Missing Feed codes

Home New Forums BobCAD-CAM Forums Missing Feed codes

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  William 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #17467

    William
    Participant

    I’m helping a friend and have a problem I can’t figure out. The CAM output was fine until he selected “Reset to factory default” somewhere. The contouring output was using “R” values instead of I,J,K. I have found where this was selected and got it back to the correct contouring output. However, no F code is being output in the NC code. I have looked for some setting that may be incorrect, but can’t find anything. We’re using the same Postprocessor that we used in the past and F codes use to be output. Any ideas on what could be the problem?

    #17808

    Sean
    Participant

    William,

    Is this for lathe or Mill. Usually, the issue is caused by not defining a feed in the operation. Make sure a feed rate is defined, if it is set to 0, then define a number and it should work correctly.

    #17861

    William
    Participant

    Thanks for your reply Sean! I’m programming for a mill. When generating the gcode, there is a screen where you specify the cut depth, depth per pass and feed rate (plunge and cut). I have feed rates specified, but there are no F codse in the gcode output. The curious thing is that they were output in the past. Like I stated in my original post, my friend was having problems of some sort and selected a “Rest to Factory Defaults” option somewhere (he can’t remember exactly where) and I’m guessing that this is somehow at the heart of the problem.

    #17863

    Sean
    Participant

    William,

    Please provide the part file and post processor.

    #17957

    William
    Participant

    Hi Sean,

    Thanks for kick-starting my brain. When you mentioned sending you the postprocessor, it hit me. I had been going under the assumption that we were using the same postprocessor that we had always been using, but, when my buddy had clicked on the “Reset to Factory Defaults”, BobCAD had changed the location where it was looking for postprocessor files. There was one there that had the same name, but it wasn’t the one we had previously been using. Once I pointed back to our old post, everything was working fine :-)

    Thanks for your help!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Account

     Lost Password / Register   

Sharing

facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestlinkedinmail