» Topic: New Laptop for Version 27
- October 18, 2014 at 12:55 pm #20068
I need to get a laptop for Version 27 and bobart. After a morning of lurking at local stores, these are the 3 that I narrowed down to based on the general recommendations. I am leaning toward the HP due to screen size and resolution. Does anyone see something that stands out as bad? I got the CPU speeds from Intel and AMD sites, most of the advertised speeds were at the “accelerated” level.
Brand Model OS CPU Speed RAM Screen Resolution Video
HP 17-e119WM Win 8.1 A10-5750M 2.5 GHz 8 17.3 1600 x 900 Radeon HD 8650G graphics
Dell i3541-5001 Win 8.1 A6-6310 2.0 GHz 8 15.6 1366 x 768 Radeon R4 Integrated Graphics
Toshiba S55T-B5273NR Win 8.1 i7-4710HQ 2.5 GHz 8 15.6 1366 x 768 Mobile Intel® HD Graphics
Steve.October 20, 2014 at 2:53 pm #20071
I can`t see any of those Laptops being up to the job, needs to be something like an i5, i7 or better if you can afford it.
BobCAD requires BIG resources, way more than most Laptops have, if you have the budget then go for a top end IBM/Lenovo, might do it
They are expensive, especially here in the UK, here is a link to their website with prices, this particular one would probably just about do the job
I think that works out to around $2400 USD Ouch
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Bobcad V23 4 axis arc issues by spach2320 hours, 46 minutes ago
- Ball nose tools into tight corner features by Barrie2 weeks ago
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa1 month, 2 weeks ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]1 month, 1 week ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg1 month, 2 weeks ago