» Topic: Old Prints not enough information to create geometry
- January 30, 2014 at 3:11 pm #16823
I’m new to bob cad and I have been struggling with old prints that don’t have enough information to create the geometry.I understand that bob art allows you to vector a scanned image and open it with bob cad re-size it, clean it up and what not. The problem is ,the company I work for did not buy the bob art add on so I’m stuck trying to create geometry without enough information.Does anyone know of a alternate method that is free to vector jpeg drawings (convert) so that bob cad will open a scanned drawing? Any help without purchasing a 300 add on would be greatly appreciated.January 31, 2014 at 11:52 am #16841
Although BobCAD does a much better job and has many more options than just vectorization than what I am about to suggest, there is a free online service that does vectorization. http://www.autotracer.org/
Just an FYI- Scanning in drawings in any scenario is no more accurate than using a scaled ruler. If your prints are missing information I would be highly concerned about the accuracy of the drawing.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Newbie – computing for the first time – not working by Ancient Works2 weeks, 1 day ago
- Missing canned cycle parameters for Centurion 6 by RSB3 weeks, 2 days ago
- Missing arc moves in post by RSB3 weeks, 3 days ago
- Bobcad V23 4 axis arc issues by spach231 month ago
- Ball nose tools into tight corner features by Barrie1 month, 3 weeks ago