» Topic: Planar toolpath FAIL
- April 28, 2014 at 6:57 pm #17961
I tool pathed this part using planar. The actual tool path did not resemble the simulation in any way ????
NickApril 28, 2014 at 11:34 pm #17965
Please attach the part file with tool path that caused the issue you are having.April 29, 2014 at 12:04 am #17966April 29, 2014 at 10:33 am #17979
The only thing I can see is that the side that looks likes its having issues is zeroed from the bottom of the stock where all the others are from the top. This maybe your issue if you are setting from the top of the stock instead of the bottom for where BobCAD shows its programmed.April 29, 2014 at 6:06 pm #18008
Hi Sean I am setting zero on the parallel that the part sits on at the bottom.April 29, 2014 at 9:35 pm #18009
Hi Sean, aldepoalo in cnczone suggested tuning off ArcFit and re-posting this seemed to work.I finished the rest of the cut pic below.The question I have is why does arcfit seem ok with other tool paths and not planar ??
NickMay 1, 2014 at 1:57 pm #18053
It could be an issue with the tolerance defined for the arcs. Try reducing the number to give you smaller arcs which will allow the arc to hold tighter the the linear movements that are generated prior to the arc fit.May 1, 2014 at 7:35 pm #18058
It could be an issue with the tolerance defined for the arcs. Try reducing the number to give you smaller arcs which will allow the arc to hold tighter the the linear movements that are generated prior to the arc fit.
Hi Sean, The Arc Fit tolerance was set to 0.005mm or 0.0001968″. What would you suggest?What I don’t get is the tool path generated and simulated looks correct. but is not transferred to the actual cut.
- This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Nick.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Ball nose tools into tight corner features by Barrie1 week, 5 days ago
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa1 month, 1 week ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]1 month, 1 week ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg1 month, 2 weeks ago
- 3d mill angled headstock by eric3 weeks ago