» Topic: Problem: V3 rapid leaves helical lines on part
- October 23, 2014 at 2:42 pm #20110
In V3 for solidworks, if you are O.D. turning a part that comes up to a shoulder, the tool will come all the way out to the outermost O.D. you are cutting before it rapids back for the next cut. This is ideal because it keeps the tip away from the part while rapiding.
If you are turning a straight cylindrical part it will rapid back along the line it just cut(almost seems like it moves into the part), leaving a helical cut as it rapids back. How the hell do you make it come away from the part a little before rapiding for every pass?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Ball nose tools into tight corner features by Barrie1 week, 4 days ago
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa1 month, 1 week ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]1 month, 1 week ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg1 month, 1 week ago
- 3d mill angled headstock by eric2 weeks, 5 days ago