» Topic: Profiling ID
- March 25, 2014 at 2:46 pm #17296
Can someone let me know if you can profile using both leading edge and trailing edge of a ID neutral grooving tool? The same question would apply to OD profiling like doing a ball on the end of a shaft. I need to profile the ID of a ring much like a wedding band. V22 does not seem to have an orientation for this. If I choose orientation 3 or 4 the results are the same. Currently I have to manipulate my part drawing to get the profile I need. There has to be an easier way. I can choose round insert and input the radius but nothing changes on the toolpath.April 21, 2014 at 2:34 pm #17819
The lathe will not calculate for the tool cutting on both sides. You would have to use the opposing orientation for it to calculate on the opposite side.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- bobcad v27, lost all taps in tool list? cant get them back by tyler14211 day, 22 hours ago
- Nothing in CAM Tree V28 by dynaturn11 month ago
- 3d wireframe of a solid. by Ram484 weeks, 1 day ago
- Save times and general system crashes. by AGM1 month ago
- Newbie – computing for the first time – not working by Ancient Works1 month, 4 weeks ago