» Topic: Ramp or helix to depth without completing entire profile or pocket?!?
- December 13, 2014 at 11:16 pm #20657
I am trying to ramp or helix to depth when pocketing or profiling. Unlike some other CAM programs I’ve used, I cannot figure out how to just make it ramp or helix to depth without cutting the profile. For example, I’m profiling a 4 inch diameter circle, and instead of just going
It’s actually continuously ramping while doing the entire profile, here’s an excerpt
This is a huge problem because my machine is old, and it’s throwing a format error when the program gets to N10000, and also it’s resulting in 600000 lines of code. I cannot figure out how to make it just get straight to Z-.210 for the first step, cut the profile, then ramp down to Z-.420, cut the profile, and then ramp down to Z-.630 for the final step and cut the profile.
How do I do this?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa2 weeks, 2 days ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]2 weeks, 1 day ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg2 weeks, 4 days ago
- 3d mill angled headstock by eric1 week ago
- Machining Strategy by ajhalls3 weeks, 6 days ago