» Topic: selecting part of import
- July 31, 2013 at 4:32 pm #14476
As I am quite new to BobCAD please bear with me.
I’ve imported a STEP file that contains an exploded assembly.
I want to select part of that assembly, but can only select the whole thing.
Is there a way to “ungroup” the assembly?
gallenat0rAugust 1, 2013 at 9:21 am #14490
Go to Utilities/Stitching/Unstitch surfaces from Solid
Then use Boolean Add to assemble the surfaces back together for part wanted
Hopefully this helpsAugust 1, 2013 at 9:28 am #14491
Do not use Boolean Add to add surfaces back together. You must use Stitching/Stitch Surfaces to Solid. If you use boolean add it will cause issues in the geometry itself.August 1, 2013 at 9:32 am #14492
Thanks for noting that your right I forgot thatAugust 5, 2013 at 4:37 am #14534
Sweet thanks! So many new terms to learn
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa2 weeks, 3 days ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]2 weeks, 2 days ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg2 weeks, 5 days ago
- 3d mill angled headstock by eric1 week, 1 day ago
- Machining Strategy by ajhalls4 weeks ago