» Topic: selecting part of import
- July 31, 2013 at 4:32 pm #14476
As I am quite new to BobCAD please bear with me.
I’ve imported a STEP file that contains an exploded assembly.
I want to select part of that assembly, but can only select the whole thing.
Is there a way to “ungroup” the assembly?
gallenat0rAugust 1, 2013 at 9:21 am #14490
Go to Utilities/Stitching/Unstitch surfaces from Solid
Then use Boolean Add to assemble the surfaces back together for part wanted
Hopefully this helpsAugust 1, 2013 at 9:28 am #14491
Do not use Boolean Add to add surfaces back together. You must use Stitching/Stitch Surfaces to Solid. If you use boolean add it will cause issues in the geometry itself.August 1, 2013 at 9:32 am #14492
Thanks for noting that your right I forgot thatAugust 5, 2013 at 4:37 am #14534
Sweet thanks! So many new terms to learn
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- bobcad v27, lost all taps in tool list? cant get them back by tyler14211 day, 23 hours ago
- Nothing in CAM Tree V28 by dynaturn11 month ago
- 3d wireframe of a solid. by Ram481 month ago
- Save times and general system crashes. by AGM1 month, 1 week ago
- Newbie – computing for the first time – not working by Ancient Works2 months ago