» Topic: spurious tool path
- August 15, 2014 at 10:20 am #19310
After computing tool paths there is an extra tool path diagonally across the project. Why?
I’ve tried dropping the lines at the end of the tool path from the geometry but the spurious tool path moves to the end of the next line. Right now the spurious tool path goes from the top of the laces down and right to near the heel.
- This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by david. Reason: Added zip file of project
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.August 16, 2014 at 11:58 am #19313
David,Give this a try. Go to fit arcs and select the whole part file. Then go and re-select all the geometry in your cam features. Then re-compute the toolpath. This should clear up the toolpath issues.August 18, 2014 at 9:54 am #19315
Darren, I tried Fit Arcs with tolerance of .0001 and .05 and followed that with selecting the geometry and recomputing the tools paths. The spurious tool paths are still there.
Did you perform this on my file and have it work?
DavidAugust 18, 2014 at 12:15 pm #19316
I deselected geometry a line/arc at a time, until I got rid of all the spurious tool paths. Then I created a second cutting process and placed the deselected geometry into it.
No spurious tool paths now.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa1 week, 6 days ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]1 week, 5 days ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg2 weeks, 1 day ago
- 3d mill angled headstock by eric4 days ago
- Machining Strategy by ajhalls3 weeks, 3 days ago