» Topic: STL unit definition
- February 12, 2014 at 10:05 am #16895
My controller (with touch probe) produces an STL file with units in mm. BobCAD interprets these units as inches. Is there a way to have BobCAD interpret these units correctly? I tried setting the default units to mm but that just multiplied the STL units by 25.4, inches into mm. I’m stumped.February 12, 2014 at 10:09 am #16896
BobCAD should import the file fine. If you are having an issue with it importing the model with correct dimensions, then what you should do is after importing the model. use the Translate/Scale function and scale the model to correct size. The advantage with how it is working now is that you know the defined scale factor that will need to be used.February 12, 2014 at 10:43 am #16899
Thanks Sean. I’ll try that.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa2 weeks ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]1 week, 6 days ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg2 weeks, 2 days ago
- 3d mill angled headstock by eric4 days, 23 hours ago
- Machining Strategy by ajhalls3 weeks, 4 days ago