» Topic: V26 Getting Started Manual
- July 13, 2014 at 2:11 pm #18919
Hi, all. I’m new to BobCad-Cam and trying to work through the GS Manual. On Pg 56, Step 11 instructs to extrude a curve, which creates the extruded circular surfaces. Step 14 then instructs to create a solid cone, which works fine. The problem comes at Step 16, when it instructs to merge two solids together. I don’t have two solids, I have one solid cone and some extruded surfaces. I think the manual has missed the instruction regarding how to turn the surfaces created in Step 11 into a solid. Can somebody give me a hand with this?
Thanks!July 13, 2014 at 11:35 pm #18920
Have you figured it out ?
When you extruded curves,make sure you have w/caps checked.Now close that out and go into selection mode.Highlight your extruded curve/r. click/entity summary.It should show you have a solid selected.
Now do the cone.
Now go to solids and do a boolean add.July 14, 2014 at 10:14 am #18922
Having problems with Boolean
Has anyone had this problem any help would be great.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.July 14, 2014 at 12:40 pm #18927
Use stitch surfaces to solids when that happens.
Why it does that ? Burr would know.July 14, 2014 at 12:56 pm #18928
That helped with the Boolean add but still can’t get Boolean subtract to work after stitching. Must be a B_g. Tried in V26 also.
RAFJuly 21, 2014 at 11:14 am #19011
When I deleted the geometry for the angled cylinder, and re-extruded it, the cylinder subtracted correctly from the intersecting cylinder.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Bobcad V23 4 axis arc issues by spach239 hours, 13 minutes ago
- Ball nose tools into tight corner features by Barrie2 weeks, 1 day ago
- Load a V carve tool into 3 axis operation by mgdpapa1 month, 2 weeks ago
- version 28 large NC file when posted by [email protected]1 month, 2 weeks ago
- error r6025/bobcad v27 glitches w/windows10 by jakeg1 month, 2 weeks ago