What's New in BobCAD-CAM V33 SP1
The first update for BobCAD-CAM V33 includes enhancements and corrections in the following areas:
- User Interface
- Updated the file reading to allow SolidWorks 2021 files to be imported.
Mill 3 Axis Pro
- Enhanced the Links page of the Steep Shallow operation to better align with the Links page of the other operations.
- Updated the 4 Axis Wire operations to include an option to Force Vertical lead-out which is selected by default. In some instances, moving the wire to a vertical position at the end of the lead-out is not ideal. Deselecting this option will allow the operation to end at a taper angle matching that of the profile.
- Corrected an issue which caused the Transfer License option to appear available when the network license was active.
- Corrected an issue which prevented the application from coming to the forefront when the local help was open on top of it.
- Corrected an issue which caused the network license dialog to appear after email registration for node-locked license.
- Corrected an issue which caused incorrect email to be sent back when transferring license via e-mail.
- Corrected an issue which prevented the sculpting dialog from appearing in the Data Entry Manager when the feature was selected.
- Corrected an issue which caused unvectorized text to disappear when it was edited with Entity Modify and Undo was used to undo that edit.
- Corrected an issue which caused the measurement flags of the Measure Two function to update between files when used simultaneously between two open files.
- Corrected an issue which prevented two points from being selected in the Auto Dimension feature.
- Corrected an issue which caused a crash when a template was saved with invalid input.
- Corrected an issue which prevented the tool offset and diameter offset values from updating in the tool setter cycles when those values were updated for the tool.
- Corrected an issue which prevented bore / boss measure cycles from being selected by default when the cylindrical faces selected as geometry were not full cylinders.
- Corrected the following issues with the user interface of the Tabs page.
- Corrected an issue which caused the first tab chain to receive focus when another tab was selected, if the check box of the selected tab were cleared.
- Corrected an issue which caused the Apply leads check box to be cleared when reopening the Mill 2 Axis Wizard.
- Corrected an issue which caused the toolpath to link directly over the tab area when Leads for tabs were applied.
- Corrected an issue which prevented the Machining Sequence from being updated for drilling operations after the operations were computed initially.
- Corrected an issue which caused creation of a milling feature, by selecting the feature from the Milling Ribbon, to work only once.
- Corrected an issue which prevented the center drill and chamfer drill from calculating autopeck correctly.
- Corrected an issue which caused an error when using a Mill Facing operation set to zero depth.
- Corrected an issue which prevented Pecking in the Plunge Entry method for the Parallel, Offset Pocket In, and Morph Spiral options of the Advanced Pocket.
- Corrected an issue with the Delta Y value box, of the Translate option in the Toolpath Pattern dialog, which allowed invalid entries, and prevented it from functioning as a calculator.
- Corrected an issue which caused the Top of Feature to be reset to zero when a feature was copy and pasted.
- Corrected an issue in which the Advanced Holes, Add Property, and Edit Property commands were not included in the Customize Ribbon and Customize Shortcuts pages of the Settings dialog.
Mill 3 Axis Pro
- Corrected an issue in which the Adaptive pattern of the Flatlands and Facing operations to be computed as an Offset pattern.
- Corrected an issue which allowed random screen positions to be selected for the linking start point in the Advanced Z Level Finish operation.
Mill 3 Axis Premium
- Corrected an issue in which geometry selected for the third gouge check was highlighted in the graphics area when the sub-folders of the Multiaxis operation are selected in the CAM Tree.
Mill 4 Axis Standard
- Corrected an issue which caused the Show Toolpath as Wrapped option to be selected when the Use Stock Diameter check box was selected.
- Corrected an issue that listed the default Tool Width of 0.125 for a custom groove insert which prevented toolpath creation in some cases.
- Corrected an issue which prevented toolpath from being created when the Constraints were set to From Stock and the selected geometry matched the stock diameter.
- Corrected an issue which showed Toolpath Pattern as an option in the context menu of the Group folder in the CAM Tree of a Lathe Job.
- Corrected an issue which caused the radius of tool inserts to appear choppy in simulation.
- Corrected an issue which prevented posted code from being visible in the Posting Manager tab while the tab was floating.
- Corrected an issue which caused the values output for stock_diameter, and stock_length to be swapped.
- Corrected issues with the probing tool change blocks in the installed milling template posts with "BC_" at the beginning of their name:
- Removed the coolant and spindle off codes from the tool change block and added them to the "end of op - tool change" block.
- Removed the diameter offset from the probe tool change blocks.
- Commented out codes in the tool setter blocks.