Register Manually via Email
In this topic, you will learn how to use email to set up BobCAM
To run the software as a licensed version, use the registration wizard to register the software using the license ID and Password provided to you in the invoice of your product. How this is accomplished varies slightly based on the method you use. Although an active Internet connection is required, it is not required on the computer that is being registered as you can transfer the necessary files to an offline work station via USB Flash Drive.
Tip: This method is only necessary in cases where the station to be licensed is not able to be connected to the internet for any period of time. For this method, we:
On the computer we wish to run on, open
BobCAM for SolidWorks.
Register Manually via Email.
Generate and save a request file.
Transfer the request file to an online computer.
Email in the request file and save attachment that is received in reply.
Transfer the attachment back to the offline station.
Open the attachment in the Email Activation dialog box.
In order to register manually, you will need:
- The computer you intend to license.
- A computer connected to the internet.
- A USB Flash Drive to transfer the appropriate file from one, to the other.
Turn on BobCAM for SolidWorks
Important: These first steps are to be completed on the computer you wish to run the software on. We are generating a request on the offline computer, sending it in, an loading it back in on the same computer it was generated from. If it is not loaded onto the same computer it was generated from, you will get a Host ID error.
Open SolidWorks. Go to Tools > Add-Ins... and make sure that the BobCAM for SolidWorks add-in is turned on in the Add-Ins dialog box.
The Unregistered dialog box appears and you are prompted with three choices:
- Run software in Demo Mode - activates all modules of the software for a 30 day period. Code output is limited to headers and end blocks only.
- Register automatically via the internet - walks you through licensing a network, or node locked license over the internet.
- Register manually via email - walks you through licensing a network, or node locked license through a separate computer with internet connection. This method utilizes email and a USB Flash Drive to transfer the licensing file between the station to be licensed and the station with an internet connection.
2) Register Manually via Email
Select Register manually via email, and click Next>.
The Email Activation dialog box appears.
3) Entering Info and Saving Request File
Plug in the USB Flash Drive.
Enter your License ID and Password. (Found on invoice)
Click Save... under step 2 in the Email Activation dialog box.
The Save As dialog box appears.
Save the file on the USB Flash Drive.
4) Transfer Request File to Online Computer.
Unplug the USB Flash Drive from the intended offline work station.
Transfer the USB Flash Drive to the computer that is online and plug it in.
5) Email Request File and Save Attachment Received in Reply.
Compose an email to [email protected].
Note: No Subject, or Body is needed in the composed email. The appropriate attachment is the only concern. Once the attachment is detected the reply with appropriate response attachment will be generated and sent back to you.
Attach the file from the USB Flash Drive.
Send the email.
Reply email is received with an attached file.
Save received attachment to the USB Flash Drive.
6) Transfer Attachment to Offline Station.
Unplug the USB Flash Drive from the online computer.
Transfer the USB Flash Drive to the intended offline station and plug it in.
7) Open Attachment in Email Activation Dialog Box.
Click Open... under step 4 of the Email Activation dialog box.
The File Open dialog box appears.
On the USB Flash Drive, locate the attachment that was received in reply and click Open.
The File Open dialog box closes and you are returned to the Email Activation dialog box.
BobNetwork Server Utility message box appears.
If message reads: Activation Successful, continue on. If not, repeat steps, or contact BobCAD-CAM Registration Department by phone at (727) 442-3554.
Note: If a network license is detected, the Network Connection Info dialog box appears and you are prompted to enter the Hostname and Port Number set up by your I.T. Department.
The License Status dialog box appears.
The software is registered.
Note: If an error occurred during the Email Activation, please contact BobCAD-CAM Registration Department by phone at (727) 442-3554.