The DMS Defaults Dialog
This topic will introduce the DMS Defaults, will describe where to access them, will explain the options found in the dialog, and will provide links to related topics.
The DMS Defaults
The DMS Defaults dialog box controls the number and order of Mill,
To access the DMS Defaults Program dialog box:
- In the
CAM Tree, right-click CAM Defaults, and click DMS Defaults.
- In the CAM ribbon, in the CAM Job group, click DMS Defaults.
The DMS Defaults Dialog Parameters
The following list provides definitions for important BobCAD-CAM terms that are used later in this topic.
A Feature is a container for machining operations and it is defined by the geometry selection (or geometry feature) to which machining operations are applied.
A Template is a predefined (default) set of operations that are applied to a feature.
An Operation is a toolpath that is applied with a specific machining purpose, such as drill, profile, or pocket.
There are two main parts of the DMS Defaults dialog box. On the left side of the dialog box is the Feature and Operation Template tree. The items under each feature type folder contains all of the available operation templates for that feature. When you select an operation template, the Operations in Template and Available Operations lists are displayed on the right side of the dialog box. This is the second part, the Operations lists. You use the operations lists to customize the DMS Defaults.
Operations in Template
The Operations in Template list shows the default operations that are used when you create a feature using the selected template.
Tip: The number and order of operations can be customized in the CAM wizard (at any time during or after feature creation).
The Available Operations list shows all operations that you can add to the Operations in Template list.
- (Add Operation) - adds the selected Available Operations to Operations in Template.
- (Delete Operation) - removes the selected operation from the list.
- (Move Up) - moves the selected operation up one level.
- (Move Down) - moves the selected operation down one level.
- Import .tpatt - displays the Open dialog box for you to select a DMS Defaults (.tpatt) file from earlier versions. The information from the file is added to the DMS Defaults.
- OK - saves the current state of the DMS Defaults and closes the dialog box.
- Cancel - closes the DMS Defaults without saving any changes.
To learn more, view Customizing Operations.