CAD-CAM software is critical to automating the CNC part-making process. As CAD-CAM Software offers CNC businesses a wide variety of design and CNC programming automation advantages, the aspect of Simulation has steadily advanced over the past 20 years, now having become a critical aspect of machine programming. All in an effort to provide the necessary utilities that help eliminate costly programming mistakes for machine shops all over the world.
Much of this is due to improvements in computer hardware, graphics capabilities and the fact that simulation in CAD-CAM software products has seen a lot of improvements coupled with the fact that simulation technology is now more accessible and more affordable than ever. So why should CNC businesses insist that they have machine simulation integrated into the CNC manufacturing process? Not all CAD-CAM products include or offer full machine simulation.
Here are top advantages to CAD-CAM Simulation:
• You can look and proof out the cut paths of your program before physically machining the part.
• The simulation functions will allow you to set machine travel limits and detect over travels.
• The simulation will allow you to check for any errors on the part. Including machine, tool and tool holder collisions.
• Machine simulation that allows you to utilize your machines Kinematics is going to allow you to visually see your machine tool in action.
• You can see exactly how the finished part will look cut on your machine in a virtual environment.
• Full Machine Simulation allows you to set up an unlimited amount of machines that are accurate to the machines in your shop.
• The simulated machine can be turned on and off or made transparent in the simulation process for close part inspection.
• You can calculate machine cycle times on part programs.
• You can use dynamic viewing functionality which helps in the inspection process.
• Machine-Part Deviation is available, showing you where tools were unable to machine within the associated operations.
These are some of the top advantages of simulation. The biggest advantage is eliminated waste as you end up no longer scrapping parts due to programming errors. This is where “piece of mind” becomes an advantage to the process.
Advanced machine simulation is the latest in affordable solutions that help machinists save money and streamline the machining process. Machine Simulation allows you to use your machines Kinematics to simulate the actual machines motion as well as the toolpath operations and more. Machine creation starts with a machine definition to define each element of the machine, such as the linear and rotary axes. Then the parameters are defined for each element of the machine, such as the moving direction and limits. The parameter values defined in the Machine Definition are used to create posted NC programs. For each element, geometry (.stl) files are added to define what appears in the simulation window. Therefore you can fully create your machine for virtual simulation purposes.
You can contact BobCAD-CAM directly at 877-262-2231 or 727-442-3554. Download the latest in CAD-CAM software machine simulation today! Click HERE